- Highly glossy screen
- Difficult to see outside, reflects glare from lights
- Repairing or replacing the screen is unnecessarily complicated
- Thermal management
- thermal design and low fan speeds mean CPUs tend to run hot (not preferable for longevity of components)
- aluminum chassis acts as a heatsink and also gets very hot (noticeable when typing)
- Unibody design makes keyboard replacement extremely difficult (routine procedure when the keyboard gets damaged or worn out over time)
- On newer models, SSD is built in, so a failure (relatively rare, but it does happen) makes the machine useless/too costly to repair – not “green”!